Privacy and Security Policy
Collection of Information
- We receive and may store any information you enter on our Site or make available to our Site in other ways. For example, we collect information you provide when you create an account, place an order, send us an email or call us, enter a sweepstakes, participate in a contest or survey, and/or create an address books. This information may include your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, credit card or other account number, demographic information, such as date of birth, gender, geographic area and your preferences. It may also include information you provide about other people, for example the name and address of a gift recipient.
- We collect personal information when you complete an online employment application or submit a resume to us via e-mail or voluntarily post personal information in connection with interactive areas of our Site.
- We may also receive information about you from other sources in order to personalize services offered to you.
- When you visit our Site, some information is automatically collected, such as your computer’s operating system and browser type, your Internet Protocol (IP) address and the time and date of your visit. This information is collected through the use of “cookies” and “web beacons.”
- Through “cookies” we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses our website. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser. There are utilities designed to help you visit websites anonymously by allowing you to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie or disable cookies all together.
Use of Information
- In general, we use the information you provide to enhance your experience with GiftCertificates.com and to provide you with high quality products and services. For example, we use it to process and track your purchases and other transactions via the Site, maintain a record of our dealings with you, respond to your inquiries, update you on our products and services (and develop new products and services), remind you of important occasions for those you care about, conduct surveys, contests and sweepstakes via the Site, and to personalize our Site for you. We will also use your e-mail address to notify you of special offers.
Disclosure of Information
- We contract with third-party vendors to help us provide services and process transactions with you. For example, we may host some of our Site or databases on another company’s computers and/or utilize their services in hosting portions of our Site, hire a company to answer customer questions, send information about our products and other services, complete orders or collect payment for us, or hire a company to help us market our products and services. In order to perform their jobs, these third-party vendors may have limited access to some of the information we maintain about you. We require all such third-party vendors to ensure the confidentiality of your personal information, limit their access to any personal information to the minimum necessary to perform their obligations, and not to use the information they may access for purposes other than fulfilling their responsibilities to us or on our behalf. We are not responsible for any additional information you provide to these parties, and we encourage you to become familiar with their privacy practices before disclosing information directly to them.
- We provide aggregate information regarding the use of our Site to merchants whose gift cards and certificates we sell, but these statistics do not include personally identifying information.
- Information about our visitors may be disclosed as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing or sale of all or part of company assets, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership in which personally identifiable information could be transferred to third parties as one of our business assets.
- GiftCertificates.com is committed to taking reasonable steps to ensure the security of your information. In an effort to prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of information while it is under our control, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online via the Site.
- Your credit card security is our highest priority. GiftCertificates.com utilizes Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption, an advanced encryption technology that protects the information you send us against unauthorized access.
- When you register for an account on the Site, we ask you to create a password. To protect the confidentiality of your personal information, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. You are responsible for all uses of the Site by any person using your password.
- We encourage parents to take an active interest in their children’s use of the Internet. GiftCertificates.com has no intention of collecting, and will not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13, you should not provide information on our Site and should ask your parent to do so for you. If a child has provided our Site with personally identifiable information, we ask that a parent or guardian contact us and we will delete the information about the child from our files.
Links to Other Web Sites
- If you provide our Site with your e-mail address, you may receive e-mails from us. If you do not want to receive marketing or promotional e-mails from us, simply send your request to us or follow the “Unsubscribe” instructions contained in the communication from us.
California Privacy Rights
- California residents may request certain information not be disclosed to third parties for marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send your request to CustomerService@GiftCertificates.com or call us toll-free at 1-800-PRESENT.
Your Consent/Policy Changes
Concerns and Comments
Updated November 15, 2007